WHAT WE BELIEVE
Our identity, as the body of Christ, is based on our faith and belief in the complete work of God. We hope that by teaching sound doctrine at Northview Bible Church, we will encourage people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
The following is a summary of our core beliefs:
- The Scriptures: The Bible is the inspired word of God and is without error. It is authoritative and designed for practical instruction for right living.
- The Godhead: The Godhead eternally exists in three Persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and these three are one God.
- Humanity: Mankind was created in relationship with God, but through willful disobedience the relationship was broken. Mankind is spiritually lost and unable to repair the relationship on his or her own. ur only hope in restored relationship comes from God's special intervention.
- Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man (apart from sin). Jesus Christ, through His death and bodily resurrection, provided a means of reconciling the broken relationship between God and humanity.
- Salvation: A restored relationship with God is a free gift offered to all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. It cannot be achieved by good works and it is not based on race, status or ability -- salvation is through faith alone and by grace alone.
- The Church: Believers are united to the risen Son of God. As followers of Christ, we are called to love one another and be united together, maintaining the unity of the Spirit.
- The Great Commission: A life that has been transformed by Jesus Christ has the primary purpose to make Christ known to the entire world.
- Our Blessed Hope: Jesus Christ will physically return and judge both the living and the dead, with believers spending eternity in relationship and in the presence of God.
You can also read the complete Doctrinal Statement of Northview Bible Church.